Monday, February 27, 2017

Fresh Start

I started writing this post over a year ago. It was supposed to be a good-bye letter to the blog and to you, my faithful readers (are there any left?).  However, the more I thought about it the more hesitant I grew about saying good-bye to my little corner in the web. I just couldn't call it quits.

It all started seven years ago when I decided to jump head first into the blogging world.
Through the years, this blog has grown alongside with me as I made my way through life's many stages... life as a college student, my first real job in my field, my first apartment, and the details of our wedding planning.  I have now reached a point in my life where I don't feel the need to be defined by any of those things.  It has taken me a long time to figure out what exactly I wanted this little place of mine to be...  I think I know now.

After a lot of work I am excited to announce that Mariel's Window has a NEW HOME.

This new place will serve as a photo-journal to my everyday moments and once-in-a-lifetime adventures.  A place for me to share my passions (photography and travel) as well as my favorite memories alongside the ones I love most.

I will be shutting this space down eventually but I just don't have the heart to do it just yet... too many memories attached to it.

3 comments:

Liesl said...

I love to see you have a new home and a fresh start, I need one of those recently myself and stopped by to visit some of my beloved blogs from the good old days of blogging and you came to mind. I truly hope you ar well, Mariel! :) XOXO

shayne said...

hi Mariel! glad that you've finally found your stride! i started following your blog years ago because i loved how simple, relatable, and how genuine you were in your posts. i tried the blogging bit as well but i soon found more joy in actually writing in a journal. thank you for sharing glimpses of your life with us. wishing you all the best, always. love from Canada :) -shayne

Don said...

https://todaydirectory.blogspot.co.id/

All rights reserved / You may not take any images or content from this site without written permission.